USB WiFi Dongles
The Wi-Fi USB Dongles is getting a lot of attention from companies and individuals alike. Wi-Fi is simply a certification trademark that assures the interoperability of LAN (Local Area Network) on wireless connections. People can go anywhere in the world where there is Wi-Fi and connect to the Internet.
While the Wi-Fi USB dongles offer some opportunities to businesses and individuals, it is not a trusted device. One reason is because Wi-Fi is not a stable connection and the other reason is that dongles were not built to act as long-term data backup solutions. Rather, it is a short-term memory stick so to speak that stores data temporary, giving you time to plug it into your computer and upload or download your data to your computer.
The USB Wi-Fi dongle includes the 54 Mbps transfer rates IEEE 802.11 b/g. The USB complies with all wireless routers and AP that are IEEE 802.11 standard. The USB can offer you fast, expedient and unswerving wireless access capabilities.
You can use the USB to accomplish difficult tasks on wired network routing and defense. According to some people, it is the way to economize your networking expenses. The USB is compatible with the most recent handsets on a mobile platform and PDA devices that have Wi-Fi capabilities.
You can use the latest USB dongles with print servers, PDA or Pocket PCs, mobile notebooks, ADSL modems, etc. Some of the chief features include:
1. Supports WPA data security – it also supports TKIP/AES encryptions and 64/128-bit and WEP encryptions.
2. It acts as an interface
3. Supports the Ad-Hoc and the infrastructure or communication modes
4. Supports the roaming linking the access points once you have configured in the infrastructure mode
5. Configuration is easy.
6. Information can be monitored
7. Has an internal antenna
8. Has automatic sensing capacity, which makes it easy for high-packet transferring of data up to 54 Megabytes per Second- Mbps
9. Transmit distance – up to 100 meters of indoor capabilities – up to 400 meters of outdoor capabilities,
Some of the chief specs include:
• IEEE 802.11 g Standard –
• A-Type Interface USB 2.0 Connector
• 2.4- 2.4835 Gigahertz Frequency
• 18 Typical bBm Transmit power
• 0 to 40 degree Operating temperature
• 10 to 90 percent no-condensing operating humidity
One of the advantages of purchasing this USB dongle is that you can download specifications online, drivers, and the manual. Perhaps all Wi-Fi USB Dongles give you this option.
Some of the dongles offer faster speed time and download allowance. If you are looking for Wi-Fi Dongle solutions, it is often best to compare each device to determine which hardware device works best for you. One of the latest devices is the Buffalo, which is claimed to be the smallest, most compact and portable device sold today. Some people prefer smaller because it gives them more flexibility.